The Kathy and Mark Grier Conservatory Division at Newark School of the Arts is a full-day Saturday pre-college program for students between the ages of 5 and 18. Students are invited by audition only. Each student receives private lessons with our distinguished faculty and are complimented by conservatory level music theory and music history classes. All students are REQUIRED to participate in an ensemble and the choir.
NJPAC JEFFREY CAROLLO AND FRANK CALABRESE MUSIC SCHOLARSHIP
The NJPAC Jeffrey Carollo and Frank Calabrese Music Scholarship provides financial assistance to advanced students who study classical vocal and instrumental music at the Newark School of the Arts. The program includes individual classical music lessons in voice and piano, strings, woodwinds, brass and more! Students also take classes in music theory and participate in ensembles.
If you are a student of classical vocal or instrumental music, you may be eligible for financial assistance through the NJPAC Jeffrey Carollo and Frank Calabrese Music Scholarship at The Newark School of the Arts. Take private lessons twice per week, learn music theory, take part in ensembles, and have opportunities to perform at Newark School of the Arts and NJPAC !
2018- 2019 AUDITIONS WILL BE HELD
SUNDAY, APRIL 22, 2018 1 to 5 PM
APPLICATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED UNTIL APRIL 15, 2018
See below for audition requirements:
• Ages: 18 and under
• New Jersey Resident
• Program Dates: September – June
• Class Times: Two days per week by appointment
• Levels: Intermediate to Advanced
• Tuition: Scholarship pays for one lesson per week
- Scholarships are available in the areas of string instruments, woodwinds, select brass, piano and voice.
- Scholarships will be based on talent and potential. Financial need may be a consideration in the amount of the scholarship award.
- Open to NJ residents under the age of 18.
- Scholarships enable the recipient to attend classes after school, in the evenings, and/or on Saturdays at the Newark School of the Arts.
- Classes include private lessons, music theory, and chamber music.
- Final performance of all scholarship recipients will be at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center in June 2018.
The application DEADLINE is April 15, 2018
· Auditions are scheduled on Sunday, April 22, 2018.
• Students must be recommended by a music teacher (private instructor, public/private school teacher).
• Students must complete the application form and be present at the April 22, 2018 audition. A student interview will be conducted on the day of the audition.
Piano and Strings:
Two contrasting pieces, three major and three minor scales and arpeggios of their choice. All pieces must be memorized. Students may be required to sight-read.
Woodwinds and Brass:
Two contrasting pieces, two major and minor scales of their choice. Students may be required to sight-read.
Two contrasting songs, one must be sung in English and one in Italian. All pieces must be memorized. Students may be required to sight-read.
- 2 Private lessons per week at Newark School of the Arts
- Study with distinguished faculty
- Performance opportunities at NJPAC
- Master Classes with renowned artists
Gifted young artists are strongly encouraged to apply.
Letter of recommendation (Click here to download form)
DEADLINE TO APPLY: APRIL 15, 2018